Thursday, April 23, 2015

One Door Closes - Another Opens

I'm sad to report that my publisher Breathless Press/Lycaon Press who so wonderfully helped get my book 'Newbie Nick' into the publishing world and into the hands of readers, has had to shut it's doors. I will be forever grateful and blessed I was given such an opportunity - a chance to fulfil a dream.

But as the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens - and I will keep moving forward.

I plan to re-release Newbie Nick and as soon as I get it up on various ebook distributors, I will post the links here.

In the meantime, many thanks to my publisher, editor and cover artist for all their help. The support and encouragement from them, other writers, family members and readers has been beyond my wildest dreams. What a wonderful experience this has been - but it's not over yet.


Newbie Nick - soon to be re-released!


When 14-year-old Nick Zinsky secretly busks for money on the downtown streets, he soon learns that keeping his "job" a secret is harder than he thought.

All 14-year-old Nick Zinsky wanted was a guitar of his own and a necklace for his mom, and he wanted to buy both on his own, without anyone's help. Too young to get a real job, he came up with a plan to get the money.

Using a guitar loaned from his high school, he spent the summer and weekends playing the guitar while busking downtown. But he had to keep his "job" a secret from everyone—from his mom, his music teacher, the other kids at school, and especially from the school bully, Beau.

But when a music competition is announced where the prizes would solve all Nick's problems, Nick lacks the confidence to enter the competition. Having a nickname like "Newbie Nick" doesn't help, either.

Does he find the courage to enter? Will he ever get his guitar?


PS. Until May 1st, 2015, all ebooks at Breathless Press are .49cents - so get your copy now!

www.breathlesspress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment