Sunday, April 16, 2017

Busy Easter Bunny....

I'm a busy girl today. Not only am I counting all my blessings during this special time, but I'm cooking a turkey, WRITING, getting outside on this sunny day to practice archery, 'helping' the Easter Bunny (my own little Easter Bunnies still asleep in their beds will never be too old for the Easter Bunny to visit), and most importantly....spending time with family and friends. True I won't be with my family in Vancouver (an expensive ferry ride away), but they are with me all the time in mind and spirit. The world of the internet makes maintaining relationships staying connected a little easier, and although nothing can replace being together in person, at least we make the most of what we DO have - each other - and stay connected all the time.

As I write this I'm about to get the turkey in the oven (I had to thaw it in the bathroom so the cat wouldn't get at it), then after a quick shower and spackling-on of make-up, I'll sit down and read for a bit. I made all my veggies yesterday and I actually cut-down on the amount I do, making more of one thing instead of 5 different things so I could have time for family and friends - and time to just BE. I've been in in a constant state of whirlwind go-go-go lately, and I'm trying - and this is not the first time - to slow down. Every time I put myself in check and nearly crumble under an avalanche overwhelm-ness, I remember I have to slow down. I'm getting better at it - I am - but it takes work. Another Easter is here - weren't we JUST celebrating Easter 2016? - and a lot has happened in my life in that year. A lot. But one constant is to slow down...and always count your Easter Eggs. Too much can get in the way of stopping to smell the roses - or in this case, to count your Easter Eggs. I take on too much, do too much, and although I could never say 'no' to too many chocolates, I know moderation is key - and with everything.

Easter is a time of reflection, remembrance, new beginnings, and renewed hope for the future. It's a time to stop and be with family, something I work year-round to do as best as I can, and a time to just enjoy what we have. I have the freedom and means to write what I want, when I want, and believe what I want, and how I want. I can take this time, yet again, to set and start anew, and know the future is bright no matter what tries to get in my way. I take time to read quietly from the abundance of books I have, and later sit back and watch my house full of men banter and bicker over turkey dinner. Yup - life is good.

I hope you have a lovely Easter and take time to hug your family, celebrate all you have, and just as equally important - to count your Easter Eggs - you have more than you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment